We look forward to welcoming you to the glorious Sunshine Coast and showing you a vast range of different touring options that really makes our region different…and very special.
We thank all of you who nominated their initial famil preferences and we will endeavour to give you your first choices. We are now opening up the final list of famil options and you will find more detailed information about each of the famils and their timing (pre or post or both), so that you can finalise your travel arrangements. It will also allow you the opportunity to pitch potential stories with media outlets.
All of the famils are small group tours, with strictly limited numbers – this will ensure that there are many great stories to sell. Full members will be given first priority, for obvious reasons, but if there are spaces available, Associates will be considered. Full Writer Members will be offered famils FOC, and Associates a heavily discounted industry rate.
Famils are subject to change for operational reasons, and more detailed itineraries will be provided in advance of the Convention.
Please note: many of the famils are already close to full capacity so we urge you to make your choices as soon as possible.
Please select up to three choices and we will endeavour to confirm one of these over the next two weeks.
Famil places are strictly limited. Please book ASAP so that we can confirm choices to our members. Famils will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Famils will only be confirmed for members who have registered to attend the Annual Convention.
For planning purposes, there are flights arriving daily at Sunshine Coast Airport from Sydney and Melbourne in the morning (from Adelaide on selected dates), and departures from 4pm in the afternoon to Sydney and Melbourne. Famils have been planned around these arrival details. More flight options are available via Brisbane Airport (90 minutes drive from the Sunshine Coast).
For those whose time is restricted to a long weekend, a range of Sunday activities have been organised to give you a great taste of the region.
- Follow in the Footsteps of Flinders/Six Mountains in a Day – PRE Convention
- Follow in the Footsteps of Flinders/Six Mountains in a Day – POST Convention
- Walking on Sunshine – Luxe Trekking on the Sunshine Coast – PRE Convention
- Walking on Sunshine – Luxe Trekking on the Sunshine Coast – POST Convention
- The Greatest Beach Drive – PRE Convention
- The Greatest Beach Drive & Fraser Island – POST Convention
- There’s something about Mary Valley – POST Convention
- The ‘art’ of the Hinterland: an artisan tour of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland – PRE Convention
- From paddock to plate: discover Sunshine Coast’s rich food trail – POST Convention
- See Noosa from a different angle – PRE Convention
- A Village Life and Culinary Tour of Noosa – POST Convention
- Nourish your Mind and Body – Noosa Style – POST Convention
- Caloundra – the Sunshine Coast’s laid-back playground – PRE Convention
- Swimming with whales – SUNDAY day tour
- Australia Zoo (a behind the scenes look into the zoo and its conservation practices – SUNDAY day tour
- Enjoy Noosa, its renowned Sunday market, a walk in the national park and a relaxed Sunday lunch – SUNDAY day tour
- Southern hospitality – Caloundra markets, houseboat cruising and a beach picnic – SUNDAY day tour
You can find out a lot more about the destination at: www.visitsunshinecoast.com
If you have specific inquiries about the famils being offered, please contact Peter Hook – firstname.lastname@example.org