Calling all ASTW writer and PR members to enter the 2018 Awards for Excellence before 1 May to showcase your best story, blog, photograph, PR campaign or organisation. The 20 award categories are inclusive of members working across traditional, digital, specialist or boutique media and tourism organisations.
Award winners and finalists will be celebrated by industry peers at the gala dinner held on 18 August, 2018 in Bangkok and will receive a new logo to include on their digital and print material to highlight the calibre of their work to editors, clients and colleagues. A prize and trophy will be presented to category winners.
The awards are judged by a panel of three independent, international and national industry professionals. Seventeen awards are open to writer members and three to PR members. Nominations for the Communicator of the Year Award have now closed, with writer members to receive an email to vote on finalists.
- ASTW Travel Writer of the Year
- ASTW Travel Photographer of the Year
- Best Adventure Travel Story
- Best Australian Story under 1000 words
- Best Australian Story over 1000 words
- Best Cruise Travel Story
- Best Family Travel Story
- Best Food Travel Story
- Best Instagram Photograph NEW in 2018
- Best International Story under 1000 words
- Best International Story over 1000 words
- Best Responsible Tourism Story
- Best Trade and Tourism News Story
- Best Travel Blog
- Best Travel Blog Post NEW in 2018
- Best Travel Photograph
- Best Travel Story about the AGM host destination – Sunshine Coast
- PR – Campaign of the Year (Digital or Traditional)
- PR – Communicator of the Year Now nominated by writer members
- PR – Best Tourism Organisation or Travel Product
TO ENTER: See 2018 Awards for Excellence
COST: $25 per entry
- Entries must be received no later than 23:59 (11.59pm) on 1 May 2018
- Finalists announced – Monday 9 July 2018
- Winners announced at Gala Dinner – Saturday 18 August 2018
The Awards for Excellence is an annual celebration of outstanding travel writing, photography, and tourism communications. Established in 1992, this is a closely contested competition among peers, focusing on the very best published work of the year.
Terms & Conditions:
The ASTW Awards for Excellence are only open to financial writer members, including full writers, associate writers, photographers and digital influencers; and PR Members of the Australian Society of Travel Writers. All entries must have been published for the first time in print or online, in Australia or overseas, between 1 May 2017 and 30 April 2018. If you have a story that is published on 30 April 2018, you can enter the story without the proof of publication. Please send the proof of publication within a week of being published. New members can only enter awards that have been published after their joining date. Please read all terms and conditions on the entry form.